Our Environmental Policy
Our Environmental Impacts
Our most significant positive environmental impacts are working towards the minimisation and mitigation of our company carbon footprint and the achievement of the goal of a carbon neutral / carbon positive state, reducing and eliminating waste, promoting renewable sourcing of raw materials, particularly wood-fibre and energy, and working together with our stakeholders, supply chain and clients towards a closed-loop material and energy cycle.
Current adverse environmental impacts we are working towards reducing are:
- The use and consumption of natural resources in the development, production, marketing and distribution of our products and services and in our general office operations
- The level of emissions to the atmosphere from the use of carbon based energy in the production, marketing, sales and distribution of our publications and our general office operations
- The quantity of waste materials produced
We actively work with our supply chain to understand and ensure that their environmental performance meets our environmental commitment as well as recognised environmental standards.
To deliver this policy our sustainability team has the following objectives:
- To oversee, review and monitor our environmental policy together with our purchasing practices and operations and to set the future direction of our environmental practices, whilst seeking continuous improvement in our environmental performance
- To set objectives, targets and programmes to improve our environmental performance, including sustainable sourcing, carbon management, the use of ethical supply chains, preventing pollution and the pursuit of recognised environmental standards amongst our suppliers such as FSC paper sourcing, ISO 14001, EMAS and BS8555
- To comply with relevant current and future legislative and regulatory requirements, identifying and applying the best available techniques wherever possible
- To provide information on and appropriate training for, and seek feedback from all staff on our environmental procedures and goals
- To regularly review and audit our environmental practices and work with partners, our supply chain and clients to do the same
- To work towards the achievement of the relevant certification for a company of our size
- To measure our progress in pursuing these objectives and report annually to our stakeholders